Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

flyeslhost

158 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2003 :  9:47:25 PM  Show Profile
F3b WC: I can't buy any luck today.
Mike Lachowski
08/07/03 - I finished round 4 up around 9th place. No really bad scores.
Morning duration brought a bad flight 2:30 short of the max. We start flying at 8AM. Then round 4 speed had the first bad base B calling for the contest. Several pilots got really late buzzers in that round. One happened two pilots before my flight. I had decent air and had the altitude to win the round of speed with something in the high 17's range. My second base B was tight but the buzzer was really late. I went part way around before the buzzer sounded and then clipped the saftey line straightening out the model. It ended up a little more than 20 seconds after I pulled up and flew through A, but the score still is a 0 instead of what should have been 1000.

Round 6 speed starts out just as well. A good thermal blows through and I managed to thermal up to 15 second altitude, but the sun is right near the entry to base A and I missed the entry and missed the chance to fly in the lift. I still expect we will fly another duration

Some of the other teams are having some bad luck too. One of the swiss launched without the radio on in speed and the estralla turned into a lawn dart. It took a while to get it out of the ground.

Another big thermal blew through the tent area. The same tents were lifted up. Tornado alley in the one corner of the pits.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eastern Soaring Talk © 2008-12 Eastern Soaring League Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000