Mantis Building and Flying
 Aegea setup (for Vision), battery, hysteresis
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lincoln

49 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2009 :  11:37:24 PM  Show Profile
I just finished (mostly) setting up and flew a used Aegea I bought. I've got it programmed sort of like my old Mantis, with reflex, normal, and launch camber settings. However, I see on Mark's information for the Aegea that he has a float setting as well. I'm not sure how to make that work for the Vision. I don't see a way to make that evil rotating side knob scale down and put the neutral setting on one end of the travel. I only want to be able to add 2 degrees of flaps down, but the knob is totally uncalibrated, and I don't see other presets. Suggestions? Is the float position really necessary?

Also, I'm currently using a 700 mah AAA battery, but I don't like it much. I've only got half an ounce of weight in the nose, with the receiver behind the servos and the battery well behind that. Anyone know a confidence inspiring battery that is almost as light and compact?

Another issue is a touch of hysteresis in the elevator. I didn't really notice it in the air, but the elevator neutral position can vary by about maybe a degree or somewhat less at the trailing edge. The carbon pushrod goes through the boom and then emerges near the elevator. There seems to be some friction there. I suppose I could gut the existing linkage and put some on the outside. Maybe there are some other tricks.

My Ava has a small problem like this too, even though the pushrod is on the outside of the boom.

Teflon tubing for housing in both cases, I think.

Maybe I'm just too picky.

Thanks

Lincoln Ross
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eastern Soaring Talk © 2008-12 Eastern Soaring League Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000