Eastern Soaring Talk
Eastern Soaring Talk
Home | Active Topics | Search | FAQ


Please register to post in these Forums
 All Forums
 ESL Publications
 ESL Rules & Minutes
 2011 EOS Minutes
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dbeach

46 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2012 :  1:53:48 PM  Show Profile
Eastern Soaring League Minutes
October 8th, 2011

The annual meeting of the Eastern Soaring League was called to order at 5:04 PM by President Josh Glaab on October 8th, 2010 at the Daniel Boone Homestead in Birdsboro, PA. Approximately 35 members were in attendance.

Officer and Staff Reports

Secretary's report - A motion was made to accept the 2010 minutes as published on the ESL web site. The motion passed.

Treasurer's report by David Beach - An estimated calendar year summary was presented as follows:

Actual Starting Balance: $4480.02
Expenses: $755.77
Income: $1676.81
Final Balance: $5,401.06
Net change: $921.05

Notable items by category:
Income:
Sanction Fees:
TD 649
HLG 332
ESL run TD Contests:
Mid 0 (contest washed out by hurricane Irene)
EOS 200 (est. net)
Expenses:
Overall awards
TD 230 (est.)
HLG 230 (est.)
Winch maint. 294

Comments:
Income from TD sanctions and ESL run contests was down significantly this year due to both weather and lower attendance. Thanks go to Jose Bruzual for his donation of web services and hosting this year.

A motion to accept the Treasurer�s report was made, seconded, and passed.

Josh offered thanks to everyone in the league for a successful 2011 season. In particular, thanks were given to those ESL well known members who typically do most of the �heavy lifting� in behalf of the league. He encouraged everyone to consider how to improve the league and make their thoughts known.

There was discussion of the Hand Launch division activities for 2011. The ESL sanctioned two new HLG contests this year, but there is still very little interaction between the HLG and TD divisions. Doug Harnish has stepped down as the HLG Coordinator for the league, and a replacement is needed.

Josh solicited some feedback regarding contest formats. This year�s
EOS contest was run as Seeded MOM where the Sportsman and Expert flyers had the opportunity to fly against each other. Most of the feedback from today�s contest was positive. Other comments noted that the contest format is still the CD�s choice, and hosting clubs should be more specific about the information presented on the ESL contest registration page.

The notion of plaque recycling was discussed. Members are encouraged to donate unwanted plaques to the recycling effort. It is possible that new faceplates may fabricated in an effort to reduce award costs.

There was discussion of the upcoming rule proposal from the FAA. A motion was made to have Reid Roberts prepare a formal response to the FAA from the league. The motion passed.

Tony Guide stated that the launch equipment is in good shape. The new drums for the 2011 season are great, and it�s time to sell the old drums. The only potential need for 2012 is new brake arms. Leszek Zyga offered to make the new arms and donate them to the league.

Ed Anderson mentioned that there are still some league members that have not joined the new Google Group email list. He requested a more complete email list for newsletter distribution.

David Beach noted that he will be assuming webmaster duties for the league in 2012. He mentioned that the forum software on the current site is not functional and forum functionality may be excluded from the new website. Ed Anderson requested that an effort be put forward to at least archive the current forum content, particularly the �Novice Lounge�

Josh requested a volunteer to assume the role of contest coordinator for 2012. Getting no response from the members, he will act as contest coordinator for now.

The request for a volunteer Hand Launch coordinator was also brought up. Josh will follow up with Phil Barnes and Dick Proesus to see if a volunteer will step up.

Ed Anderson will continue in his role as Newsletter Editor.

Luis Bustamante will continue as Scorekeeper.

There was discussion of the 2012 contest calendar. Josh will contact all clubs hosting a contest in 2011 and prepare a draft of the 2012 calendar.

The meeting was adjourned at 6:00 PM.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eastern Soaring Talk © 2008-12 Eastern Soaring League Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000