The Novice Lounge
 First ESL contest experience
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Sullivan

12 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2012 :  8:02:18 PM  Show Profile
Whew! Glad thats over with...Wow was I nervous before the contest, but the guys and girls of the ESL made me feel at ease ...Everyone I mean everyone was so cool and easy going..I would recommend this to anyone thinking of flying in a contest, the ESL is the place to do so. I was welcomed from the time I signed in and now feel like part of the family. The ESL makes it newbie friendly, I had my ups and more downs in less than 3 minutes, crashes, and roadside landings and no one made me feel unwelcome or more uncomfortable than i made myself...Everyone had words of advice and encouragement...From the time I launched with assistance (great for us newbies) to the time we left the atmosphere was such as a fraternity. I am looking forward to my next contest where hopefully the ups outweigh the downs.
Id like to give a special thanks to John Jenks whom I had met at the Delaware contest and has mentored me, hopefully there's more guys like him in the ESL...

Insert Image:

Insert Image:

Insert Image:

Insert Image:

Insert Image:

Insert Image:

Insert Image:

Insert Image:

Insert Image:

Insert Image:

Insert Image:

Insert Image:

Insert Image:

Insert Image:

Insert Image:

Insert Image:

Insert Image:

Insert Image:

Insert Image:

Insert Image:

Insert Image:

Insert Image:

aeajr

477 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2012 :  08:23:18 AM  Show Profile
Glad you had a good time. I had a similar experience at my first ESL contest. I feared I would be in the way as a true rookie, but it was never like that. Now these ESL contests are something I truly enjoy. See you at the next one.

Best regards,
Ed Anderson
Long Island Silent Flyers
Go to Top of Page

Sullivan

12 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2012 :  2:32:51 PM  Show Profile
Well second competition is under my belt and i had loads i mean loads of help from the guys that have been flying for years. I wanna thank everyone that took the time to give me pointers and tips. I had great timers that pushed me to be a better pilot this contest without them i wouldnt have done as well as ive done...i feel like it was beginners luck and the only way to see if im a descent pilot is well see at CASA. I want to thank the ESL for being there and those that run the contest its a thankless job you do....thanks....
Go to Top of Page

Sullivan

12 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2012 :  2:42:34 PM  Show Profile
Well second competition is under my belt and i had loads i mean loads of help from the guys that have been flying for years. I wanna thank everyone that took the time to give me pointers and tips. I had great timers that pushed me to be a better pilot this contest without them i wouldnt have done as well as ive done...i feel like it was beginners luck and the only way to see if im a descent pilot is well see at CASA. I want to thank the ESL for being there and those that run the contest its a thankless job you do....thanks....
Go to Top of Page

aeajr

477 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2012 :  4:11:22 PM  Show Profile
Great to hear you are enjoying. See you at CASA.

Best regards,
Ed Anderson
Long Island Silent Flyers
Go to Top of Page

Sullivan

12 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2012 :  3:35:39 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by aeajr

Great to hear you are enjoying. See you at CASA.

well as i drive to tangerine im reflecting on my first contest and how everyone from the esl welcomed me....now it seems to be in my blood...i hope to represent the esl as well as the others going joey pete don and lenny wish us well....again thanks to everyone that helped me along my way
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eastern Soaring Talk © 2008-12 Eastern Soaring League Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000