Room and Ride Share
 DBSF - Reading, PA - Room and Ride Share
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

aeajr

477 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2008 :  5:20:48 PM  Show Profile
If you have a ride to offer or are looking for a ride to share, post here.

If you are looking to share a motel room, post it here.

And, if you have a room to offer in your home for rent or trade, you may be able to arrange an recripical offer at a contest you attend. That's up to you.

ESL can not gurantee the character of the people who post here. We all know that sailplane contest flyers are obsessive/compulsive types so take that into considertion. On the other hand, talking planes sure makes the trip go faster.

Best regards,
Ed Anderson
Long Island Silent Flyers

Edited by - aeajr on 05/21/2008 4:28:42 PM

aeajr

477 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2009 :  5:22:27 PM  Show Profile
Anyone have recommendations for hotels in the Daniel Boone area? Planning my contest schedule and want to book early.

Best regards,
Ed Anderson
Go to Top of Page

aeajr

477 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2009 :  6:28:53 PM  Show Profile
I tried out a new place this past weekend. the Mel-Dor Motel
http://www.meldormotelpa.com/
610-367-2625

Edit 2011: Edit: Name changed to Budget Host Motel

This is a small family operated motel of about 25 rooms. Noting fancy but it was clean and the rooms were newly redone. AC, cable TV and the bed was reasonably comfortable.

I have arranged a special rate for the ESL for the October EOS.

Room with 1 king bed is $51+tax
Room with 2 double beds is $55 +tax The two bed room is a bit larger.

Located in New Berlinville, PA, off Rt 100, New Berlinville Exit
8 Miles to Pottstown, 5 Miles to Bally, 2 Miles to Bechtelsville, 1 mile north of Boyertown and 20 miles south of Allentown and Philadelphia.

Note that my GPS was not able to identify New Berlinville. I used Boyertown and N. Reading Road as the target for the GPS then used the map provided by the Motel for the last mile. Worked fine.

George Hill and Phil Barnes stayed there as well so you can get their take, but I just booked a room for October.

Image Insert:

57.11 KB

Best regards,
Ed Anderson

Edited by - aeajr on 08/25/2011 07:55:53 AM
Go to Top of Page

aeajr

477 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2010 :  10:15:03 PM  Show Profile
I just checked with the Mel Dor Hotel - They will honor a special rate of $57 for the ESL if you mention the ESL and my name.
However they have no rooms for the weekend of 8/28, 29. They are sold out due to a car show in the area.

For the weekend of 8/28-9 I booked a room at The Cab Motel, 215-679 5955 for $70+tax. http://www.cabmotel.com/ They still have rooms available. No special rate for ESL. I have no idea what the place is like, but if there are no rooms in the area, you may want to grab a room here. He says he is about 15 minutes from Birdsboro but map quest says more like 30.

Best regards,
Ed Anderson

Edit 2011: Edit: Name changed to Budget Host Motel

Image Insert:

62.44 KB

Best regards,
Ed Anderson

Edited by - aeajr on 08/25/2011 07:57:03 AM
Go to Top of Page

aeajr

477 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2010 :  8:21:09 PM  Show Profile
Cab motel was OK, nothing great. The room had a little bit of a stale smell, but it may be that it had just been closed up. Or it may have been, what appeared to be, new carpet.

Other than that it was fine.

About $70

Best regards,
Ed Anderson

Edited by - aeajr on 10/12/2010 6:22:22 PM
Go to Top of Page

aeajr

477 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2010 :  8:01:52 PM  Show Profile
Quality Inn(PA394)
61 West King Street,
Pottstown, PA, US, 19464
Phone: (610) 326-6700

About $60

Best regards,
Ed Anderson

Edited by - aeajr on 10/12/2010 6:21:47 PM
Go to Top of Page

Duane

24 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2010 :  2:20:12 PM  Show Profile
For the mid-season, I stayed at the Staybridge Suites in Royersford, PA. It's right off 422, about 30 minutes from the field. The hotel appears to be new with spacious rooms and hot breakfast included. Also, pets allowed, which was one of our requirements.
http://www.staybridgeroyersford.com/

Duane
CASA, FARM, LSF III #7971
Go to Top of Page

lincoln

49 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2011 :  9:22:58 PM  Show Profile
Anyone want to split a room for the mid season contest at Daniel Boone in Reading? Preferably at that place just a little ways west on the main road, but I can't remember the name of it. But open to other places.

Also, if anyone wants to share a ride, I plan to drive down early to mid day on Friday. I'm leaving from Maynard, a bit inside 495, west of Boston (near Anker's house). Probably return Sunday night but open to stopping halfway. I have a small car but I also have a ski box which will take wings and fuselages with stab removed, and possibly a bunch of other gear. However, I'm likely to have at least one glider with a v-tail, which won't fit. The car is slightly noisy due to old weatherstripping, but the AC works.

Lincoln Ross
Go to Top of Page

lincoln

49 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2011 :  11:23:22 PM  Show Profile
Looks like I won't be going. Don't want to drive home in a hurricane, for one thing.

Lincoln Ross
Go to Top of Page

aeajr

477 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2011 :  12:45:19 PM  Show Profile
If anyone is having trouble finding a room for EOS, the Name changed to Budget Host Motel (formerly Meldor) still has rooms. I just booked one. Nothing fancy but I have stayed there before. OK and cheap.

610-367-2625

About $60

Best regards,
Ed Anderson
Go to Top of Page

Merkin77

1 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2012 :  8:45:35 PM  Show Profile
First-time poster here -

I'm looking for a ride for just a plane back to lower Connecticut, if anyone's passing through the Stamford area on I-95 or the Merrit Parkway, or is coming back to Fairfield County. It's a 3.x Meter sailplane with a 3-piece wing. Reimbursement in beer or coffee work?

Thanks for looking!
Go to Top of Page

Sullivan

12 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2012 :  8:09:26 PM  Show Profile
Im bringing my trailer to eos and have some room at the inn.....i can fit 2-3 comfortably in bunk beds if you dont mind bunking with joey melchoire.....hot water will be at a minimum.....also have refridge...micro....let me know.....will trade for good stories and a lil sailplane knowledge...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eastern Soaring Talk © 2008-12 Eastern Soaring League Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000