SKSS ESL Contest June 8_9
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tonyg

2 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2013 :  06:58:56 AM  Show Profile
All,

We had a great turnout both days for the SKSS ESL TD open contest. I would like to thank everyone for attending. A special thanks goes out to the scoring crew, Luis, Joann and Teresa Zyga. Plus a thank you to Steve Lucky and Josh with the winches. After the contest on Saturday both Steve and Josh broke down the winches and we moved them to the north end of the field for Sunday flying. This is after we flew 10 grueling competitive rounds.

Also I would like to thank SKSS for welcoming the ESL flyer to their home and the great grilled lunch both days.

We usually have a decent number of people flying on Friday before the contest but for this contest, the Friday flying crew was washed out by heavy rain.
Saturday was a nice day with calm winds from the west. Winds from the west usually means the lift is in the SKSS �no fly zone�. To stay out of the NFZ was a challenge for all flyers. After some group discussions and an occasional private discussion, the NFZ remained intact.

Despite the NFZ, we managed to get in 10 rounds on Saturday. In the Expert class Steve Lucky dominated the filed on Saturday with Leszek second and our score keeper Luis not far behind in third. For the Sportsman we had Will Bushnell in first with Robert Turner in second.

Sunday we flew from the north end of the field. With southerly calm winds and the nice weather, there were no concerns about the NFZ, so we thought. We managed to get in 5 rounds on Sunday. The competition was very intense. As one� flyer said to me, he had a 10:00 minute round with landing points of 92 and lost the round. The landings were just amazing among the top flyers.

After the dust settled on Sunday we had Josh at the number 1 position with Neil at second and Leszek in third. �For Sportsman we had Robert Turner in first followed by Mike Lavelle in second and Will Bushnell in third.

The overall flyers for the weekend were Steve Lucky, Expert� and Robert Turner, Sportsman. �Thanks again ESL for a great contest.

See everyone soon
Tony Guide

ljb0001

37 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2013 :  10:41:37 AM  Show Profile
Great time at SKSS last weekend. 15 rounds for the weekend and all of them 10 minutes long. Awesome competition. Yes, I was one of those to be amazed by the flying and landing prowess of our ESL guys.

How is this for good scoring? I flew a 10:01 - 89 in the same group as Will Lipscomb flew a 10:00 - 91. Good flights, right? Nope! We both got knocked off the final group on that flight! Tough, tough competition.

Well, here are the scores for the weekend. See you guys next week in Long Island,

Luis

Download File: SKSS Saturday Standings

Download File: SKSS Saturday Report Cards

Download File: SKSS Saturday Scoring Detail

Download File: SKSS Sunday Standings

Download File: SKSS Sunday Report Cards

Download File: SKSS Sunday Scoring Detail

Download File: SKSS Weekend Standings
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly