Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

flyeslhost

158 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2003 :  6:59:13 PM  Show Profile
Subject: Re: [RCSE] Team USA in the lead after Round 1
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2003 19:57:12 -0400

> Mike Lachowski wins Round 1.
> The rest of the team are 5th, 6th, and 7th.

What plane is Mike L flying?
I never heard if he finished building his new moldie.

Any new hot planes used by other teams?

flyeslhost

158 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2003 :  6:59:55 PM  Show Profile
I`m flying my modified Caracho's with the replaced wing tips and pylons. Working well in the conditions. Lots and lots of Estrellas. They did well in early morning distance flights. Swedes have a model with a really agressive planform and thin airfoil that is working for them. But it does wild things on launch with the slightest change of air during launches.

Dieter Perlick has an interesting model that is very small. It does very well against the bigger models in distance surprisingly. I flew one dead air early morning flight against him in the Kirchheim Open and tied at 18 laps. This morning he beat me by two laps. I started a little slow and just missed finishing my 19th lap. I should have lost by at most one laps or tied. I also had a line break on my first launch so I did`n't fly in the same air. Unfortunately that model had a structural failure on the 3rd speed run launch and was totaled. The Germans will be up all night rebuilding a model that would normally go into the trash can instantly. But he has to finish the duration and distance tasks for that round with that model and he already has one bad duration round.

I do have the wing molds built for the new model awaiting final polishing. That will happen after I get back and hopefully we'll start flying the new model later in the year.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eastern Soaring Talk © 2008-12 Eastern Soaring League Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000